Monday, June 28, 2010

Gingerbread Bars





I made these yummy nummy gingerbread bars for a camping trip to Loon Lake. These came out of the July 2009 Bon Appetit, which I have decided is my favorite issue I have gotten so far.

This wasn't the first time that I'd made these bars, but I guess I was too lazy to post them before. Actually, there are quite a few things that I've made and haven't posted.

But ANYways, these bars are quite yummy, as well as easy to make. Officially, these guys are categorized as bar cookies, but I would call them more like cake squares. The top of these are sprinkled with flour and sugar, which doesn't add much, taste-wise, but makes them look nice and pretty, like they're snow dusted.

These bars got better and better in the days after they were baked. They turned chewier, and overall just better. So my advice to you is to make these, wait and day or two, and then EAT!


Onto a new topic. I have just discovered the most delicious almond butter in the world. The brand is Justin's Nut Butters. The type that I got was the honey almond butter. And it is so good. The sweet in it is just enough that it isn't quite savory, but not enough so that it is too sickly sweet.

They load of other types of butters, including:
-chocolate peanut butter
-chocolate hazelnut butter
-maple almond butter
-regular peanut and almond butter
Oh yeah, and the packaging is uber-cute, which is always a plus. *eyebrow waggle*



If you see these butters anywhere, BUY THEM! You'll never go back to whatever brand you use now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment