Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Passion for Desserts

I got a new cookbook yesterday at a local baking shop called Sweetwares, which you should check out if you ever get a chance. This cookbook is called A Passion for Desserts. It's by Emily Luchetti, and it is fantastic! I've been getting this book at the library repeatedly for a while, so I figured that I ought to just go ahead and buy it.

The photography in this book is absolutely gorgeous. The pictures are taken by Ngoc Minh and Julian Wass. The photographs really make the book, I think.

The recipes are organized by season, to highlight what is fresh and in season at the time. Recipes for summer have berries and nectarines. Fall has apples and figs, and so on. The recipes are really creative, and are made even more interesting by the authors little anecdotes  beginning the recipe. This book is really unique, and I can't wait to go to the farmers market and get some berries and fruit so I can start on one of these recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment