Friday, July 16, 2010

Chocolate Drizzled Butter Wafers..mmm










I have StumbleUpon to thank for this recipe, after it brought me to Ming Makes Cupcakes, which is a fantastic and beautifully made site. There are gorgeous photos of artfully arranged gourmet cupcakes (and cookies and other savory baked goods) and their fantastic recipes. They range from the strange (flourless beet chocolate cupcakes ) to the gourmet (port wine and cherry cupcakes with mascarpone frosting) to the deliciously mainstream (red velvet cupcakes with buttercream frosting.) 

Anyways, these cookies caught my fancy for more reasons than one. 
1) They looked heavenly and delicious.
2) We had only one egg.
3) I was feeling lazy and wanted something easy and quick.

They turned out fantastic, and as the name may tell you, they were..buttery...wafers. They edges were nice and crispy golden brown, while the inside was soft and crumby. I was going to fill them with some homemade raspberry jam, but I didn't make the holes in the cookies soon enough, I waited too long into the cooling process, and as I was making the holes, the cookie would snap, so I decided to go with the drizzly chocolate. The recipe said to use dark chocolate, but I had semisweet on hand so I used that, which I liked better than I think I would've dark chocolate.

If I had to do it again, I think that I might put the dough balls farther apart, because quite a few of the cookies melded together, and I had to perform an emergency separation surgery just out of the oven. Overall, these were wonderful cookies that were devoured by my little sister and her friend after coming home from camp. I look forward to doing more recipes off of Ming Makes Cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment