Friday, July 9, 2010

Mascarpone Custard with Fresh Raspberries




This dessert is a product of: a) a random tub of mascarpone in the fridge.
                                                 b) a whole lot of raspberries left over from picking
                                                 c) a lovely recipe from my Passion for Desserts book

So, to the dessert. It was good. Really good. It was a basic no-cook custard, which meant it had raw eggs in it, which was not a problem for me or my family. The custard was really creamy and had a nice eggy flavor. I didn't have a vanilla bean, so I substituted it with vanilla extract, which I know is no competitor. I'd like to make it again and use the vanilla bean, because I always like seeing those cute little flecks of vanilla. 

The raspberries were nice and fresh, although they were getting a bit squishy, which just made it better, since they were a bit juicier. I really liked the raspberry flavor with the custard. It was a nice pairing.

Oh yeah, and did I mention that mascarpone is 86% FAT? Hehehe.....

Anyways, this was a really delicious and summery dessert. I'll probably make it again with possibly blueberries or peaches. We'll just have to see...


No comments:

Post a Comment